Photo

Kroozearcade Known Problems

• Please log in to reply

GPRTech

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

GPRTech

• Gamer
  • 1 posts
Hi this is my first post i do hope someone can help me please.

I have just installed Kroozearcade v8.0, this has installed ok [I think so] into my E107 site.
I have downloaded a game from this site called Aero Chao.
I have extracted the files into a folder, the files are ................AeroChaosIBPAG...............AeroChaosIBPAG this is a SWF file...

AeroChaosIBPAG1 this is a image...........AeroChaosIBPAG2 this is a image.

Within Kroozearcade I have opened ....Arcade - Add Games.... Clicked on game file browsed to the SWF file and the game icon
then I clicked ADD GAME.

After some time I get a message called New game not uploaded. You must supply a filename!.

I have also uploaded through my FTP, SWF file into Kroozearcade games folder and the image into image folder.

Can I ask is there a complete HOW TO install your great games into Kroozearcade.

I would love this to work any help would be brill.

Ken

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

Ken

Regular Joe

• Gamer
  • 313 posts
I will grab a copy and get E107 as well to see if I can help out

NFM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

NFM

• Gamer
  • 3 posts

Hi this is my first post i do hope someone can help me please.

I have just installed Kroozearcade v8.0, this has installed ok [I think so] into my E107 site.
I have downloaded a game from this site called Aero Chao.
I have extracted the files into a folder, the files are ................AeroChaosIBPAG...............AeroChaosIBPAG this is a SWF file...

AeroChaosIBPAG1 this is a image...........AeroChaosIBPAG2 this is a image.

Within Kroozearcade I have opened ....Arcade - Add Games.... Clicked on game file browsed to the SWF file and the game icon
then I clicked ADD GAME.

After some time I get a message called New game not uploaded. You must supply a filename!.

I have also uploaded through my FTP, SWF file into Kroozearcade games folder and the image into image folder.

Can I ask is there a complete HOW TO install your great games into Kroozearcade.

I would love this to work any help would be brill.

I've been running E107 and Krooze for over a year. When you click "Add Game" be sure to fill in the "Name" of the game in the top spot.

Also...IF this is a new installation of E107, or the first time you're really uploading a file through E107 be sure you go into the Admin folder and change the filetypes_.php file to filetypes.php as well as making sure that .swf and such are listed as "allowed".

Also, just adding the swf and the .gif to the folder won't do anything. You CAN however put the .tar file into the main Krooze directory and then go into "Install/Upload Games" and it should find it. However, if your game has a "gamedata" folder you need to be sure to put the games folder into the games/arcade/gamedata folder via ftp.

I hope this helped a bit.

NFM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

NFM

• Gamer
  • 3 posts
Holy crap....that was my first post and I've been here since July of 2006? Wow...and I think I've only downloaded about 12 games too...lol. I'm like...MEGA LURKER....lol

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

[email protected]@chine

• Gamer
  • 2 posts
I have been running e_107 for 2 years now, I added the Krooze arcade V8 about a year ago and I have to admit, there are quite a few games that are difficult to get to work. Most you can upload via FTP directly into the Krooze Arcade plugins folder but as mentioned above you do have to upload the gamedata folders via FTP for some games. However I have noticed that some games still won't work even with these steps. 1 way to get these that give you trouble is to unzip the game on your computer and if you notice they have an extra .php file outside the gamedata folder, add it to this folder and then upload the gamedata folder in all 3 gamedata folders due to games using different locations, yes it is frustrating to see that they all don't work the same. Took me a while to figure this one out.

However again this doesn't work for all games, I have still come across a few that still don't want to work properly, They install fine the normal methode by uploading the .tar file into the Krooze directory and let it autoinstall them but they don't keep score or load, then when I try this other methode I get hung on the same step as you and get the error "New game not uploaded. You must supply a filename!". I have yet to figure this one out myself and I know the e_107 system very well. If anyone comes across a fix or idea, PLEASE let us know as I will do the same if I find one myself.

OvDevilz

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:35 AM

OvDevilz

• Gamer
  • 4 posts
I dunno if some of you having this problem but if you do, please let me know if you are able to fix it.

I was using krooze arcade v7 for years and the arcade works really well although some games didn't save score as stated by [email protected]@chine. I have upgraded to krooze arcade v8 for quite sometimes now and i realize the score saved correctly but the displayed score is not. What i meant is that the ranking is correct but not the score displayed. For example current high score is user A with a score of 1000.. (shown in the All Time Champion) which is correct but in the All Time Top Score list, user A is on top of the list but with a score of 500 (which is the score user A made before he scored 1000) - this is weird since user B for example displayed 800 points whilst in second rank. Anyhow, he is the top scorer which shown the ranking is correct but not the displayed score. Anyone have this problem with krooze arcade v8 ?

HardRockNL

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

HardRockNL

• Gamer
  • 3 posts

They install fine the normal methode by uploading the .tar file into the Krooze directory and let it autoinstall them but they don't keep score or load

I've had that one too..
I checked the gamedata dir of that game and turned out that the permissions weren't set properly.
You might try a chmod 755 to it.

Further, I've also noticed that the 'support' site mentioned in the game has gone offline. Tho, when it was still online there wasn't much support either :(
So I started to do some bugfixing myself. (No, I do NOT want to be the new 'taking-over' guy for this plugin.. lol)

For now, I changed some bugs into the config, made it possible to let users play full screen, and actually started using the anti-cheat meassures for V32 games.

People who are interested in these changes may contact me. I will tar the whole thing up and send it over.

-------

Then some question from myself.
As I have said, I implememted the anti-cheat messures, after I was able to find out how this 'do=verifyscore' system worked (wasn't a big deal by the way).
But does someone know if there are some APIs explaining other features I might uses while interacting with those games?

Grtz,
Mike

VETERANS-GAMING

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

VETERANS-GAMING

• Gamer
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,

I previously had Kroozearcade installed on my site and working just fine, but I removed it.

Well, I just reinstalled it. However, now I'm have issues with scoring. The games are installed in the correct locations, the gamedata folders are in the right area, I've read thru all your posts and tried most of the stuff suggested, but something is wrong. Could someone please address the scoring being reported as "undefined" issue?

Thank you,

Blud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users