Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Ahh, okay... Sorry, my mistake.. :D

Try the following:

goto phpmyadmin click SQL and run the following:
ALTER TABLE `e107_arcade_categories` ADD `category_userclass` VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL;
it should then create a new field called categoy_userclass and then your categories should work.

(replace e107_ with the name of your database prefix)
CrossFire-Radio - Supporting Unsigned Bands
http://www.crossfire-radio.com

Guest_Steve G_*

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:38 AM

Guest_Steve G_*
  • Guests

That new developer is me.

Just to let you know, in the latest version this has been fixed. It now does create the directories. However, you need to ensure file permissions are set correctly for it to do so.

Thank you.

www.boreded.co.uk
[email protected]

The 'tars' still fails for me. chmod 777 all directories within and including Krooze directory. I have no idea where it uploads, but it isn't going where it should!

Guest_Steve G_*

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:53 AM

Guest_Steve G_*
  • Guests
Got it. And the scores work for it as well.

Instead of using the top upload form, I used the bottom upload form (where you can upload multiple games).

The first time I did it, it failed as usual. But I guess this first time run - it does something in the back ground

the second time I uploaded it and installed - it worked fine.

Hope that helps anyone.

GOTYA

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:10 AM

GOTYA

• Gamer
  • 1 posts
hi all i need some help with krooze 0.7.8.1 i've uploaded some games to my site they are working just fine the only thing wrong is that the icons don't show. i've tried uploading the files to. e107_plugins\kroozearcade_menu\games nothing also tried uploading to. e107_plugins\kroozearcade_menu\games\arcade\gamedata nothing am i missing something .(all files but the php files were uploaded by ftp directly )here is the site that they are at (please do not add URLs in your post, unless asked to do so, Thank you very much)

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
What icons are you refering to?

I can see that your images for the games show

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests
em...i have v7.8.1 (btw is there a new version?) and the tars do not upload from the plugin. and even if i upload them manually i can't install them. so i have to extract them manually, upload them manually with FTP and then go from Add Game and add them manually (again)...it works but it's very time consuming and i hope someone could fix this.

this process works but SOMETIMES i get an "error" message that says "New game not uploaded. You must supply a filename!" even if i have the "Game Name" field filled. I tried changing the name i use for the game but still doesn't work. I also tried refreshing the page but nothing...

another problem i have is with the highscores. actually it's two problems... :p the first one is that the plugin sorts the highscores according to the first digit only!! e.g. if someone has a score of 900 and someone else has 1000, the Krooze puts in the highscores first the member with the 900 (cz 9 > 1) even if the guy with the 1000 is the Champion of the game (that means that the plugin understands that 1000 > 900 but when it sorts, it only uses the first digit and bacomes 900 > 1000) that's just a theory of mine...i don't understand much of html but with my logic i figured that this could be the problem but i could be wrong... if someone knows how to fix it please let me know or the developers!

the second problem i have with the highscores is that when a member's name appears more than once! e.g. John makes a highscore and then decides to play the game again and makes another highscore, Krooze doesn't replace the old one with the new one...and the highscores table looks like this
John 1000
John 980
Mike 500
John 400

actually according to my first problem it would actually look like this
John 980
Mike 500
John 400
John 1000

i'm sorry for my long post but these have really been an issue for me and if someone could help that would be great! :)

thank you in advance!

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:04 AM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Unfortunately, for some, the Tar upload doesnt work.... have you checked to make sure your arcade folders are chmodded to 777? if their not, give that a shot .... What you want to chmod is e107_plugins/kroozearcade, and all the folders inside, you should then be able to get them uploaded... Also be sure that "PHP safemode" is disabled, or you may run into the problem of the Tar not unpacking correctly.

From what ive seen 7.8.1 is the most current for Krooze Arcade, hasnt been updated for a good while, I havent read anything that shows future updates anytime soon.. =\ (Maybe someone else knows different??)

As for the scores showing the same user, with a different score...I cant really give any info on that, as I have not had that problem, It just auto updates the previous score, or if its lower, it keeps the same higher score, I don't know of any "options" in the settings for the arcade to change anything like that... Try clearing scores for one game, and play it 2-3 times getting different score, but before doing that, Check your Chmod settings on your folders...

Hope this helps

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests

Unfortunately, for some, the Tar upload doesnt work.... have you checked to make sure your arcade folders are chmodded to 777? if their not, give that a shot .... What you want to chmod is e107_plugins/kroozearcade, and all the folders inside, you should then be able to get them uploaded... Also be sure that "PHP safemode" is disabled, or you may run into the problem of the Tar not unpacking correctly.

From what ive seen 7.8.1 is the most current for Krooze Arcade, hasnt been updated for a good while, I havent read anything that shows future updates anytime soon.. =\ (Maybe someone else knows different??)

As for the scores showing the same user, with a different score...I cant really give any info on that, as I have not had that problem, It just auto updates the previous score, or if its lower, it keeps the same higher score, I don't know of any "options" in the settings for the arcade to change anything like that... Try clearing scores for one game, and play it 2-3 times getting different score, but before doing that, Check your Chmod settings on your folders...

Hope this helps

actually my biggest problem is the error that tells me "New game not uploaded. You must supply a filename!" Do you know why this shows up? And also i need some info about the sorting... ty!

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Check your folder permissions for Kroozearcade

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests
what do u mean? :s i have this problem only with some games, not all of them! most of the upload just fine! but rarely this error shows up and the game won't upload...and i've checked all the games that had this problem and they don't have something in common! (unless i miss something...)

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
have you tried redownloading the game(s) that are giving these problems? Are the file sizes larger than 2MB?
Some hosts have their php settings set that when using uploads like that, you have a max of 2MB (some are 4MB), and if the file is larger than that, it might not upload. and with the way krooze arcade works, you can only add a game through the admin area, and cant do it manually through FTP. I myself am getting away from Krooze arcade because of the lack of support and updates on it.. and moving back to ibProArcade...

But I can help as much as I can with Krooze Arcade....

Can you name a couple of the games? maybe I can try them on my arcade on e107 and see if I get the same messages..

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests
well i don't remember the other games but the last one was "Dinasty Street".. i love that game and i really want it in my site!
actually it's pretty big (almost 5MB) and maybe that's the problem. where can i check that? i really don't know much about coding and any advanced settings...

P.S. the process i use to upload games is extract them on my hard disk, upload them via FTP and then go from Add Game and upload the flash file and the image again (actually the second time they don't upload...it's just to add them in the Game List). that's what i do, if u want to try and do it the exact same way i am doing it...

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests

have you tried redownloading the game(s) that are giving these problems? Are the file sizes larger than 2MB?
Some hosts have their php settings set that when using uploads like that, you have a max of 2MB (some are 4MB), and if the file is larger than that, it might not upload. and with the way krooze arcade works, you can only add a game through the admin area, and cant do it manually through FTP. I myself am getting away from Krooze arcade because of the lack of support and updates on it.. and moving back to ibProArcade...

But I can help as much as I can with Krooze Arcade....

Can you name a couple of the games? maybe I can try them on my arcade on e107 and see if I get the same messages..

your thoughts about the file size, gave me an idea and i tried a little experiment! :p i uploaded via FTP the dinastystreetTh.swf file and then i created a new swf file with SwissMax and i left it blank (it was only a few KB) and then i renamed it to dinastystreetTh.swf. Then i went to Add Game and for Game File I selected the fake one (which i created myself) because i knew that Kroozearcade doesn't upload anything from there. And it worked!! The game was successfully added and it works fine!

i don't know if u understood what i did...if any1 has the same problem tell me to explain it again. i know that it's not the "right" way to do it but it works and that's all that matters!! <:o) 8-|

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Yes, I know exactly what your saying you did... You took a smaller file, renamed it, uploaded it, and it worked... where as the original file ( the bigger one) is the one you had the problem with.

So it could be the problem your having is the uploader in Krooze Arcade, sure you can upload via FTP, with ease.... but using the uploader in Krooze, it set to go by the file size limit on the server.. ( which is prolly 2-4MB)

and with that file being 5MB - hence the problem

try a couple other files that are bigger than 4MB, and see if you still get the same error message, or the same problem, if so, then thats what it is

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests
in case this is the problem, how do i fix it and set a greater file size limit?

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
If you have access to your servers php.ini file, thats pretty much the only way you can change it... If you don't you will need to contact your Webhost Provider, and ask them if they can raise it up some. (very rare that they do)

Otherwise, you wont be able to use any games bigger than 4MB.... unless you switch over to IPB or something and use ibProArcade..(which isnt compatible with E107)

TrueSatan

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

TrueSatan

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 979 posts

unless you switch over to IPB or something and use ibProArcade..(which isnt compatible with E107)

ahem...bridge e107 to SMF then use EeEk's mods of SMF arcade...if your host has sufficient RAM available you can have an SMF forum shown fully within e107...otherwise you'll have to have it as a link to a separate screen but bridging will allow a sharing of database elements in either case. With such a system you'd be able to avoid the limitations of Krooze Arcade and still use e107.

Guest_^Shei^_*

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

Guest_^Shei^_*
  • Guests
ok! thnx a lot guys!
you've been a great help! :)

i don't know if i'm allowed to post links bt this is my website if u want to have a look

TrueSatan

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

TrueSatan

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 979 posts
Sorry, such links aren't allowed unless you are asked to post same by a member of site staff....please have a read of our rules.

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
yeah I took a gander, earlier by viewing your profile... No clue what it says, but I saw it lol.. im more of an "english" reader :D lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users