Kroozearcade Known Problems

• Please log in to reply

TrueSatan

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:28 AM

TrueSatan

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 979 posts
Please note that Kroozearcade automatic .tar installer fails to work properly with the vast majority of the games we provide...this is not any fault of ours or of the games coding but a problem in the arcade software that will have to be fixed by its developer if it is to be put right at all.

Kroozearcade users can still install our games manuall but unfortunately the arcade software doesn't have a setting in the manual installer for gamedata directories so these will have to be applied by ftp and need to be placed in the following path...please create directories as needed if they aren't already there:

CMS root/e107_plugins/kroozearcade_menu/games/arcade/gamedata

The game description may be read in the .php file that is part of the .tar archive we supply with each game as can game width, height and any need to use reverse scoring.

We regret that our members have to deal with these issues and hope that the Kroozearcade developer may fix the problems in its code.

N.B. We have no links to the developer of Kroozearcade at present and are aware that he has only recently taken over development of the product having seen it abandoned by its original developer and passed to others who were unable to find time to reactivate it...we wish it well and hope that it will improve over time.

Boreded

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Boreded

• Gamer
  • 6 posts
That new developer is me.

Just to let you know, in the latest version this has been fixed. It now does create the directories. However, you need to ensure file permissions are set correctly for it to do so.

Thank you.

www.boreded.co.uk
[email protected]

TrueSatan

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:14 AM

TrueSatan

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 979 posts
PM coming your way so we can have a discussion about how we might be able to help one another.

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
When ya find out lemme know, cause I use KroozeArcade on the station site now, ive been fiddleing around with it, posted a couple times over at Borded website, but not much help =\

The Tar still doesnt work, it doesnt create the directories, we have been having to install (currently over 200 games) Manually.. and still have 1000 more to go, all areas that I know of are set to 777.. So I dont know else what it could be, other than its not created the gamedata directories
CrossFire-Radio - Supporting Unsigned Bands
http://www.crossfire-radio.com

vttym

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

vttym

• Gamer
  • 4 posts

When ya find out lemme know, cause I use KroozeArcade on the station site now, ive been fiddleing around with it, posted a couple times over at Borded website, but not much help =\

The Tar still doesnt work, it doesnt create the directories, we have been having to install (currently over 200 games) Manually.. and still have 1000 more to go, all areas that I know of are set to 777.. So I dont know else what it could be, other than its not created the gamedata directories

I had a similar instance happening at first. (I'm currently able to upload and install through the plugin interface automatically).

I found I was having problems with certain games when I would try to upload them. They would install ok (sometimes), but the scores wouldn't record (or show up undefined), so I figured I had a writeable directory problem. I'd also get problems where the file would upload, but when I install, it would show a blank program having been installed (would show in the list this way too).

So I start digging into where the game data is. Turns out it was being installed into /e107_plugins/kroozearcade/gamedata/whatevergame

I didn't think anything was wrong with that directory at first (and all the settings were correct.. apache actually was the owner of the directory since the database had created it, but I overrode and set to 777 just to make sure.. still didn't work!)

Then I explored the rest of the kroozearcade directory and found out where the games SHOULD have been installed to.

/e107_plugins/kroozearcade/games/arcade/gamedata/whatevergame

That directory was empty. Sure enough, when I moved the stuff over to the /games/arcade/gamedata directory it worked.

Not only that, but once I moved those over, the rest of the games I installed from that point on went to the correct directory! I don't know WHY or HOW that happened, as I didn't change anything else, but it seems once you get a few games put in the right directory, it did the rest automatically *shrug*

Not sure that's the best description, but since we're plowing through this, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

If you need me to elaborate, I will try, though admittedly I kinda just kept slamming stuff up against it until it worked, though I can say I did not edit any .php code for this.

Eliteneo05

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

Eliteneo05

• Gamer
  • 8 posts

I had a similar instance happening at first. (I'm currently able to upload and install through the plugin interface automatically).

I found I was having problems with certain games when I would try to upload them. They would install ok (sometimes), but the scores wouldn't record (or show up undefined), so I figured I had a writeable directory problem. I'd also get problems where the file would upload, but when I install, it would show a blank program having been installed (would show in the list this way too).

So I start digging into where the game data is. Turns out it was being installed into /e107_plugins/kroozearcade/gamedata/whatevergame

I didn't think anything was wrong with that directory at first (and all the settings were correct.. apache actually was the owner of the directory since the database had created it, but I overrode and set to 777 just to make sure.. still didn't work!)

Then I explored the rest of the kroozearcade directory and found out where the games SHOULD have been installed to.

/e107_plugins/kroozearcade/games/arcade/gamedata/whatevergame

That directory was empty. Sure enough, when I moved the stuff over to the /games/arcade/gamedata directory it worked.

Not only that, but once I moved those over, the rest of the games I installed from that point on went to the correct directory! I don't know WHY or HOW that happened, as I didn't change anything else, but it seems once you get a few games put in the right directory, it did the rest automatically *shrug*

Not sure that's the best description, but since we're plowing through this, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

If you need me to elaborate, I will try, though admittedly I kinda just kept slamming stuff up against it until it worked, though I can say I did not edit any .php code for this.

I'm glad you posted this, I'm going to give it a try, as I have the same problem.

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Boreded doesnt visit much, does he? lol

vttym

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

vttym

• Gamer
  • 4 posts

I'm glad you posted this, I'm going to give it a try, as I have the same problem.

Out of curiosity, did it work for you? I'm curious if I was lucky, or need to explain more?

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
I can say, that it didnt work for me.... Still doesnt allow me to do tars.. =\

1steuid

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

1steuid

• Gamer
  • 1 posts
i'm having same prob kinda but just with scores i will try now and get back to you with feedback

OvDevilz

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:48 PM

OvDevilz

• Gamer
  • 4 posts
What was the version of Krooze Arcade you guys using? I am still having problem with Krooze Arcade Version 0.7.8.1.. I tried to Add Game and it keep on saying: New game not uploaded. You must supply a filename! And the tar upload wont work ok so I did the FTP upload and put the game into directory e107_plugins/kroozearcade_menu/games/arcade/ . After done uploading.. in the Game List, nothing appear. .. i thought the FTP might work but its doesnt work for me. What did i missing ?

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Im using the same Version Version: 0.7.8.1

Are you uploading "just the game" or the Tar file through FTP?
I have tried uploading the Tar file and it says it was installed.. but it wasnt.... and end up having to do it manually.

OvDevilz

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

OvDevilz

• Gamer
  • 4 posts
I was uploading the actual game file not the TAR file.

The game file structure (according to the file structure in the TAR file itself) is like the gamename.php and the main.swf are in the directory kroozearcade_menu/games/arcade and the other game file (swfs, html and xml) are in the kroozearcade_menu/games/arcade/gamedata/gamename ..is that correct?

And i have no idea where to put the TAR file if i was going to upload it.

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:40 AM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Theres no need to upload the php file... That php is simple a "informational" file when uploading and installing the tar..

You can open the php file with notepad or something simple like that, to read the info that you can enter in for the Game description, moves, etc...

Otherwise its just uploading the gamedata folder ( if the game has one), the swf file, and 1 image file.

OvDevilz

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

OvDevilz

• Gamer
  • 4 posts
oh ok.. now i know how its work and how hard it is to make it work one by one per game. And yes its work on my site now. Thank you CrossFire-Radio

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts
Your quite welcome, glad I could be of assistance. :D Anymore Questions or problems, please don't hesitate to ask :D

Guest_crazywolf_*

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

Guest_crazywolf_*
  • Guests
Yeah i noticed he aint been around here too often but here is a link to is site. http://boreded.co.uk/ i just got done installing his newest version of koozer and came back here to get some new games. alas i seem to not be able to access the arcade area to download any games tho :(

shinrayu

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

shinrayu

• Gamer
  • 2 posts
New thing on the list for me atleast.....

apologies if this is easily solved but how do you add new categories? when trying the computer says no

CrossFire-Radio

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

CrossFire-Radio

Advanced Member

• Gamer
  • 419 posts

New thing on the list for me atleast.....

apologies if this is easily solved but how do you add new categories? when trying the computer says no

Goto Admin Area > Plugins > Krooze Arcade....on the right hand side click on "Edit Categories"

And the next page you should see a box in the middle that says " Create New Category"

Type in the name of the Category, Select the userclass (if anything specific), Then click Add Category button... then just add your games.. :D

shinrayu

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

shinrayu

• Gamer
  • 2 posts

Goto Admin Area > Plugins > Krooze Arcade....on the right hand side click on "Edit Categories"

And the next page you should see a box in the middle that says " Create New Category"

Type in the name of the Category, Select the userclass (if anything specific), Then click Add Category button... then just add your games.. :D

Probably should have explained better..... when i do that it just says no.... cannot complete etc etc... name already in use.... and no i've not used it before.... i just installed the pluggin......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users